Bring the Comfort of Home to Your Office!
Improving your office space can make a big impact in your job satisfaction -- and, as we covered in a recent Recliners.LA article, it can also make a big difference in your productivity. If you’re looking to turn your office into a more comfortable place to work, (and, occasionally, procrastinate) then this article is for you!
Here are a few quick tips:
- Upgrade your office chair. An uncomfortable office chair can make your work day unnecessarily long and difficult: and, over time, it can even help contribute to back problems. Invest in a quality office chair from a company such as Lafer or Ekornes and you will be sure to feel the difference.
- Use a Rug. It’s amazing what a mood change a rug can make in a room. Just try it and see for yourself!
- Decorate. A bit of decoration can also make a big difference in the way you experience your work space -- whether it’s a picture of your family, a beautiful plant, a memento from your latest vacation, or all of the above.
- Keep snacks on hand. Getting hungry on the job can be a real drag. Create a better environment by keeping a few healthy and mess-free snacks on hand.
- Pay attention to computer placement. Apart from your office chair, keyboard and computer placement are probably the most important ergonomic factors influencing your office experience. Ensuring that your keyboard and computer screens are at comfortable heights will greatly reduce stress on the neck, wrists, and eyes.
- Build a playlist. Some people enjoy classical piano music or low-key jazz while they are working -- others need full orchestras or even heavy metal to get geared up for a big day. Whatever your tastes may be, building a couple playlists can make it easy to get into the right mood right away when you enter your office.
Looking for more tips on home and office design? Head back to the RLA Buying Guide for a plethora of useful home and furniture tips and tricks!