How to Keep Your Furniture In Great Shape
High-quality furniture can potentially last for years or even decades -- as long as you give it the care that it deserves. Longevity is, in fact, one of the biggest benefits of buying high end furniture rather than a cheaply built alternative, which is why we at Recliners.LA curate our furniture partners carefully, opting to work with only the best. When we sell a recliner, sofa, or other piece of furniture, it is our hope that this furniture will accompany you and your family for many years, which is why we encourage best practices for furniture care. Here are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Clean Regularly.Giving dust, dirt, grime, and other foreign substances a chance to build up on your sofa is never a good idea. Not only can this get gross pretty quickly, it can also stain your upholstery or saturate it with a bad smell.
- Establish rules.Kids and pets have a remarkable talent for wearing out furniture. Establishing a few rules can help: making sure your kids aren't bouncing on the furniture and that your pets aren't sleeping there every night will make a difference.
- Cover during parties.Furniture covers might seem kind of lame, but accidents do happen, and nobody wants to be cleaning Pepsi/chili/red wine out of their new couch (and yes, it's always the most stain inducing thing you can imagine that gets dropped!)
- Watch out for risk factors.Leaving your sofa exposed to direct sunlight can wear out the fabric faster than normal; and keeping it a humid space (such as in a combined dining room/kitchen can have a similar effect. Keep these factors in mind, and at the very least you will be able to respond to damage quickly.
- Repair and replace.When small problems arise, invest in your furniture by repairing or replacing a part whenever possible -- quality furniture justifies this level of care.
Looking to shop for top-end furniture that will last for years? Visit Recliners.LA online to view our entire selection from brands such as Ekornes, American Leather, Innovation USA, and more!