Leather Vs. Fabric for My New Rocker Recliner
Shopping for furniture at RLA means options galore -- and the choice between leather and fabric upholstery is definitely one of the most important. Here is a quick guide to the pros and cons of each:
The Pros of Leather Upholstery
Leather furniture is our specialty here at Recliners.LA -- and you are as passionate about leather upholstery as we are, you can rest assured that you will find a rocker recliner that you love from a brand such as Ekornes, American Leather, or Palliser. Here are a few good reasons to do exactly that:
- Built to Last. Leather is the only type of furniture upholstery that actually gets better with age, as long as you treat it right!
- Options Available. Just because you opt for leather doesn’t mean you will be stuck with a classic leather color such as brown or black. If you are looking to be more innovative, you can find white, red, and even light blue leather options from our wonderful RLA furniture partners!
- Luxurious Feel. Because leather upholstery “breathes,” it is the perfect option for anyone who wants that cool comfort that only a quality leather sofa can offer, regardless of the temp!
The Pros of Fabric Upholstery
If the following benefits of fabric upholstery catch your attention, then you may wish to customize microfiber, suede, chenille, or woven flat furniture with our sister organization, The Sofa Company!
- Easy Care. Forget treatment and moisturization -- unlike leather upholstery, the only maintenance most fabrics need is cleaning.
- Customization. The range of colors (and customization options in general) offered by fabric upholstery tends to outshine that of leather furniture.
- Budget-Friendly. If you are looking to buy top-notch furniture on a budget, the fabric upholstery is probably the way to go.
Looking to learn more about Leather vs. Fabric furniture finishes? This article from The Spruce offers a pretty good overview of the leather vs. fabric debate. Additionally, we encourage you to check out our RLA furniture selection with your own two eyes to view rocker recliners, sectionals, sofas, and much more -- all at incredibly low prices!
Also in Motion Furniture Buying Guide
That sofa you bought a few years ago was all you could talk about after the purchase was official; you loved its smell; you loved its look; you especially loved the way it felt. Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, your once-stylish sofa is not what it used to be: it’s torn up, faded, and definitely on its last legs (maybe literally). Of course, it’s not something you want to do, but it’s something you have to do: you have to get rid of that sofa.